United Way of Franklin County is looking for a Part-Time Campaign Associate to help with its fundraising efforts. This is a small office that serves Franklin County and the North Quabbin area. The office is located in the Town of Greenfield in Franklin County Massachusetts.
Position Description: Temporary, 20 hour/week position, reporting to the Executive Director, United Way of Franklin County (UWFC). Hourly range $20-$26/hour, commensurate with background and experience. Prorated vacation, holiday and sick time. This temporary position starts October 1st and ends December 21st, 2018. Eligible applicants may reapply for a future permanent Campaign Manager position in 2019.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
· Cultivate donors including leadership givers, corporate supporters and other investors.
· Assist Executive Director in developing major gift strategies that align with the organization's long term goals.
· Effectively present information, through public speaking and presentations.
· Maintain donor records.
· Coordinate and conduct workplace campaigns.
· Maintain knowledge of local, political, social and economic factors that will impact campaign.
· Collaborate with staff to ensure campaign data is accurate.
· Cultivate community support for UWFC by maintaining contacts with local businesses and individuals.
· Assist in developing campaign and marketing materials.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's degree in sales, fundraising, marketing, communications, public relations, nonprofit management. Social or non-profit related work preferred.
2. Proven track record in giving presentations and generating sales and/or fundraising success.
3. Experience in fundraising preferred, sales experience accepted.
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
5. Team player and multi-tasker.
6. Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
7. Valid Driver's License.
8. Must be able to lift 25-50 lbs.
Key Competencies Required
· Strong presentation skills
· Clear thinker and communicator
· Collaboration skills
· Negotiation skills
· Time management skills Attention to detail
· Ability to multi-task
· Ability to engage with and relate positively to diverse audiences
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.