PART-TIME ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
The United Way of Franklin County, Inc. (UWFC) is seeking a part-time Administrative Assistant with strong customer service skills, and a passion for Franklin County. UWFC is dedicated to improving the quality of life in Franklin County by mobilizing people and resources to strengthen our communities and advance the common good. We work with volunteers, donors, community non-profits and other citizen centered organizations to enhance education, health and financial stability.
UWFC is a local leader and partner in the development of resources that support citizens in need and the strategies that can be effective in improving education, financial stability and health from birth through senior years. The Administrative Assistant plays a vital role in supporting our philanthropic, volunteer and advocacy work in Franklin County and the North Quabbin area.
Applicants must be a team player and have the ability to work 3-4 hours per day Monday through Friday, onsite, at our UWFC office in Greenfield, MA. Successful candidates will have excellent customer service skills and be outcome-oriented. A strong attention to detail is essential. We promise you will be fully engaged and busy from the first day and we guarantee there will never be a dull moment!
Responsibilities & Requirements
· Ability to juggle multiple projects with superb accuracy.
· Strong administrative skills (phones, correspondence, event logistics, scheduling, mailings etc.).
· Exceptional customer service skills, over the phone and in person.
· Strong sense of urgency and problem solving skills.
· Ability to write, speak and interact clearly and professionally.
· Extremely organized.
· Strong time-management skills.
· Can handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Two years administrative experience is required, with experience in a non-profit preferred.
· Must be computer savvy and proficient in Microsoft Office.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Experience with Donor or Customer Relation Management Tools (DRM or CRM), or a willingness to learn these systems is required.
· High School Education or GED required.
United Way Competencies and Skills for All Staff
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements. This position offers an hourly salary commensurate with experience with prorated vacation, holiday and sick time. UWFC is a casual professional dress environment and provides the opportunity for some schedule flexibility during the office hours of 8:30-4:30. To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and three current professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or emails please.
UWFC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.