UNITED WAY OF FRANKLIN COUNTY CAREER OPPORTUNITY
FULL-TIME OFFICE/ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR
The United Way of Franklin County, Inc. (UWFC) is seeking a full-time Office/Administrative Coordinator with strong attention to detail, customer service skills, and a passion for Franklin County. UWFC is dedicated to improving the quality of life in Franklin County by mobilizing people and resources to strengthen our communities and advance the common good. We work with volunteers, donors, community non-profits and other citizen centered organizations to enhance education, health and financial stability.
UWFC is a local leader and partner in the development of resources that support citizens in need and the strategies that can be effective in improving education, financial stability and health from birth through senior years. The Office/Administrative Coordinator plays a vital role in supporting our philanthropic, volunteer and advocacy work in Franklin County and the North Quabbin area.
Applicants must be a team player and have the ability to work from 8:30-5 Monday through Friday, onsite, at our UWFC office in Greenfield, MA. Successful candidates will have excellent customer service skills and be outcome-oriented. A strong attention to detail is essential. We promise you will be fully engaged and busy from the first day and we guarantee there will never be a dull moment!
· Process and enter Workplace Campaigns, individual and small business pledge forms, and coordinate copies for Finance Director.
· Maintain campaign account database (donation tracker) per Finance/Executive Director guidance.
· Print thank you letters, IRS tax receipts and other pledge acknowledgements.
· Manage volunteers that assist with mailings.
· Maintain files.
· Print and mail copies of all monthly payments to Finance Director.
· Open and distribute mail.
· Prepare and make deposits, and send copies to Finance Director.
· Manage Board, Committee, Campaign, Investment and other mailings.
· Organize training materials and binders.
· Maintain Board and committee lists.
· Assist in preparing/mailing Campaign, Community Investment, Grant and agency application materials.
· Liaison between UWFC, Women’s Way and Young Professionals affinity groups.
· Assist with maintenance and updates of social media sites.
· Manage volunteers, ordering and logistics for Read. Learn. Succeed.
· Coordinate logistics for UWFC events.
· Assist Executive Director as needed with meeting UWW, grant, and other reporting requirements.
· Order office supplies and maintain inventory.
· Coordinate office maintenance, and vendors for office operations.
· Ability to juggle multiple projects with superb accuracy.
· Strong administrative skills (phones, correspondence, event logistics, scheduling, mailings etc.).
· Exceptional customer service skills, over the phone and in person.
· Strong sense of urgency and problem solving skills.
· Ability to write, speak and interact clearly and professionally.
· Extremely organized.
· Strong time-management skills.
· Can handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Able to manage and work with volunteers.
· Bachelor’s, Associates, or equivalent experience with a minimum of 2 years administrative experience is required, with experience in a non-profit preferred.
· Must be computer savvy and proficient in Microsoft Office.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Experience with Donor or Customer Relation Management Tools (DRM or CRM), or a willingness to learn these systems is required. Quickbooks and/or accounting experience a plus, but not required.
· Bachelor’s, Associates, or equivalent experience preferred.
United Way Competencies and Skills for All Staff
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements. This position offers an hourly salary commensurate with experience with life insurance, retirement, vacation, holiday, personal and sick time. UWFC is a casual professional dress environment. To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and three current professional references to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
UWFC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.