Position Title: Executive Assistant
Reports to: Executive Director
Job Type: Full Time - 35 hours
Salary Range: $32,000 - $35,000
The Executive Assistant reports to the Executive Director. The position interacts with the Board of Directors, United Way of Franklin County (UWFC) staff, volunteers, partners, vendors, donors and the community at large.
The ideal candidate is experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks and is able to work independently with minimal supervision. This person must be exceedingly well-organized, flexible and able to uphold the mission and values of UWFC in every aspect of their work.
The ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality while interacting with internal and external stakeholders while remaining adaptable, proactive, resourceful, and efficient is crucial to this role.
Administrative Support Duties
- Maintains schedules for the Executive Director, monitors and cancels appointment as needed.
- Ensures that the Executive Director is properly supported and prepared for all events and appointments. Includes preparing directional information, talking points, presentation supplies, and scheduling.
- Serves as first point of contact for the Executive Director by answering telephone calls and screening in-house mail deliveries.
- Coordinates various board committee meetings through preparation and distribution of meeting materials, management of attendance, and coordination of meeting location, equipment, and materials.
- Attends meetings; records, prepares, and distributes minutes. Conducts post-meeting surveys as needed.
- Prepares rooms/meeting spaces and orders food/beverages as requested.
- Arranges travel and accommodations as needed for out of office meetings and events.
- Reviews and edits documents; maintains organized document database.
- Prepares internal and external documents as needed, including minutes, letters and reports.
- Stays current on key UWFC initiatives and projects including maintaining an accurate list of contacts, Board Members, external stakeholders, major donors and partner agencies.
- Maintains UWFC website.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains UWFC donor base updating all information regarding prospects, volunteers, and donors.
- Manage direct-mail solicitation appeals.
- Volunteer Coordination.
- E-marketing, Facebook, twitter, etc.
- Oversees front office coverage and duties, as necessary.
- Special events including the auction, campaign and donor events, pre-school reading program.
- Provides back-up support to other staff as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
Required Education and Experience
- Commitment to excellence and to the mission of United Way.
- Three to five years challenging experience in an administrative role; experience in an executive position preferred.
- Associate’s degree in Communications, English, Business Administration or related field preferred. Bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
- Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook and experience working with databases required.
- Expert level use of Google & Outlook calendar management with strong ability to plan and coordinate meetings and special events.
- Outstanding communication skills, verbal and written, with the ability to develop relations with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills.
- Strong knowledge of principles of administration, including planning skills, managing multiple tasks, prioritizing and meeting deadlines.
- Highly organized with ability to move complex processes through to completion with strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, professional disposition, with sound judgment and discretion in managing confidential information essential.
- Willingness to accommodate requests for support outside of regular business hours on occasion, with appropriate notice.
- Knowledge of non-profit organizations and office environments preferred.
- Candidate must have current license and own or have access to a reliable vehicle, as local travel is required at times.